FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What if a TalkBoard candidate gets a timeout - can one still vote for him?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 3:23 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Question What if a TalkBoard candidate gets a timeout - can one still vote for him?

I'm not asking what a potential decision would be on whether these votes would count or whether theoretically Randy might overturn the election of a candidate.

I am just asking what happens technically, if a candidate gets handed a ban, let's say from another candidate who is also a moderator, or from a TalkBoard member who is also a moderator, or from anyone else - will votes for the candidate during the timeout still be counted, technically? I mean, a member that is on a ban cannot receive or send private messages, or even view the board (?) while she/he is on the timeout (I have never been banned, but I would think that would be the way it is), so I wonder if one can vote for her/him or if the candidate "does not exist" technically for purposes of voting.

The reason that I am asking is that I have been told by one of the new moderators of the TalkBoard forum that I might be given a timeout "for the election period" (could not find that possibility in the TOS, but that's another matter) for "disruption of the forum" in the TalkBoard forum .

Thanks for some information on this .

Last edited by Football Fan; Oct 24, 2004 at 4:27 am