FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ey: Jfk-sez $2,731
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:09 am
RockyMntFlyer

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I booked this with EY directly (in business) for late Nov 2021 (returning in early Dec) a while back. Hoping the EY lounge at JFK is open by then. We booked as a multi-city flight with a few days on the outbound in Abu Dhabi. The price was the same or can be cheaper (which I don't believe is typical for multi-city flights). Abu Dhabi recently added the US to their Green List for no quarantine and announced they will likely lessen quarantine restrictions for others (TBD) Jul 1. Hopefully this can be maintained. Random item I have learned since booking. I have never been to the UAE and was not aware of their requirement to register and approve certain controlled prescription drugs prior to arrival (even if transiting). I realize prescription drugs are controlled differently by different countries, but from what I read it seems quite strict when compared to others. Not a limiting factor, just an FYI and extra step needed (if you need to bring anything on their controlled lists).

I thought this was a great deal to get to SEZ on a high quality airline in business. Thanks for posting.
I should also note that I looked at Qatar Airways as well. There are some good deals (specifically out of PHL) to SEZ, but these seem to mostly be R class fares with some limitations (like no lounge access). The EY fares are discounted business (Z, I think), but have all benefits (lounge, etc.). The only limitation is no car service at AUH.

Last edited by RockyMntFlyer; Jun 1, 2021 at 10:52 am