FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread
Old May 31, 2021, 8:16 pm
BlooJoo
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
I should have been more specific. I was only talking about Airpass tickets. For other rev or miles tickets normal elite benefits are unchanged. Just for clarification though, AA is no longer allowing EP or CK members to use SWU upgrades for Airpass tickets. It use to be you could book a Y=UP to J Airpass reservation and then use your SWU to from from Business (D) to F (Flagship First) on routes that offered first class. SWUs are arguably the most valuable EP and CK benefit. The new contract also is vague on whether economy Airpass tickets are even eligible for 500 miles upgrades for themselves and companion travelrss. I have told by AA they they should not be allowed but in practice so far they are working on NextGen tickets allow the Airpass holder to upgrade but not the companion. Sticker/500 miles upgrades are another elite benefit that most likely will not apply to Airpass issued tickets once the dust settles. Business Extra upgrades which once worked (albeit barely) with Airpass tickets are also now prohibited.
Is this confirmed and official? A YUP/D cannot be upgraded to three-class F? Is this stated anywhere? Sucks because I do that a lot. Edit to add: I do not have a new contract; I've just been forced onto NexGen portal. I always called the CK desk to upgrade my YUP/D's with a SWU or miles. Would CK even know they're not upgradeable?