FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old May 31, 2021, 12:39 pm
ShotgunKid

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, with PN vs. PZ GS instruments definitely get de facto priority in clearing, but at least to me it wasn't clear that they had made the list sorting match that (because of what UA had said). From this example, though, I am guessing they have put GS at the top of the list regardless of listing from Y or O, and that they just never publicly stated that it works that way.

So while this might be another of the issues with the P+ list, I tend to suspect it's actually working correctly.

I ran into a priority issue with upgrades clearing or not. How does the priority work in the following scenarios? Last agent I spoke with said that GS PP are different from 1k PP and that the GS was effectively a 1k for upgrades. However, this creates a very confusing priority list.

GS with GS points.
GS with 1k points.
GS no points
1k with GS points.
1k with 1k points.

OR

GS with GS points.
1k with GS points.
GS with 1k points.
GS no points
1k with 1k points.

OR

GS with GS points.
1k with GS points.
GS with 1k points.
1k with 1k points.
GS no points

OR am I thinking of this all incorrectly? The agent said that GS may have additional available upgrade seats, but if you use 1k points on a GS account, they are not available. That you must use GS points on GS account to access those seats.