FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]
Old May 31, 2021, 1:44 am
Cathay1101

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Originally Posted by HB7
I agree that it is shambolic, but if they double it to over 200k, they'll be close to what the UK is averaging on a per capita basis - even though Australia should be aiming for higher than that since they are so far behind. I know Pfizer supply is low, but what on earth is going on with CSL and they're supposed manufacture of 1 million per week AZ?

Is the government awake? If they want to avoid any more lockdowns, they really need to kick this into gear.
Exactly, but I doubt they'll be able to. Hesitancy and a purported lack of need to get vaccinated is holding back the programme immensely. Heaps of folks are sitting on their hands saying I want Pfizer and turning down a perfectly good first dose of AZ, just as has happened here in Europe. Then there's the small task of developing the actual capacity to vaccinate on a 100% greater scale. They've had oodles of time to develop it, but they haven't, so I don't see them starting now.