FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 30, 2021, 10:48 am
ryandc99
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
I encountered issues with housekeeping (mainly timeliness) and room billing (multiple erroneous charges). I also felt the concierge was not motivated to do anything more than simple tasks. I was also annoyed they refused late checkout unless I paid for it (I understand this is an excluded property, but they refused to grant any late checkout even for just one of our rooms). I did write a note to the GM summing up the issues and the response was form letter apathetic. It didn't help that among the rooms I booked were the two top suites at the hotel, so it just felt bad and really nickel + dimey.

Also, to clarify on the breakfast issue - there was a charge for coffee/tea as well as juices not out on the buffet. Juices out on the buffet were included for both menu options.
Interesting..I am curious about your experience with the PH concierge? Was it great? If so, that might inform my next stay.

As a repeat guest at this property, I have never had an issue with getting a globalist late checkout. Last time I was there, they also sent a free taxi to pick me up from the High speed rail station, and offered me a free dinner on property to apologize for the lack of a suite upgrade (which was not expected given I know how hard it is to get a suite here). I will be honest, I do think the concierge feedback is fair though, it was not the best and the biggest minus at this property.