FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA & B6 (JetBlue) enhance Partnership: codesharing, coordination, status & earning
Old May 26, 2021, 10:39 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Kao
I found it interesting that in today's announcement EQD is based on spend rather than distance for B6, exactly like if you flew on AA, but EQD is still distance-based for AS, like it is for the other OW partners. I wonder if it's a OW requirement to calculate it that way, there's some IT limitation that doesn't let AA get the spend information, or the AS and B6 deals are fundamentally different. As a flyer, I'm not even sure one is clearly better than the other.
Fare information can be a bit sensitive as well, so requiring all of the oneworld airlines to share that with each other could be leaking key business information or anticompetitive. Additionally, not all airlines in an alliance are necessarily on good terms; AA and MH or UL don't have that much overlap to start with.

I wonder if we will see a "Special Fares" or "Fare Details Unavailable" chart for B6 like AA has for itself.