FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021
Old May 26, 2021, 9:11 am
DCAproducer

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It will probably still be a net positive because breakage will likely be even higher, and most people who use the voucher will end up spending more than the credit. A single cocktail

I picked a random Hilton in what I doubt will be considered a more expensive market, the Anatole in Dallas. An oatmeal and coffee would still cost you $2 above the credit (which probably is the cost to the property). Want eggs and coffee? The hotel is getting $7.

I can't speak for now during COVID, but since opening the H Hotel at LAX has always given elites a credit vs free breakfast and it has never been enough to cover the bill. With that said, their food was always at a higher level than many Hilton properties so I didn't mind paying the difference. I'll back there in two weeks and we'll see if they're even open for breakfast.

Overall this change by Hilton is going to frustrate business travelers who 1) don't follow these developments as closely as the FT community and 2) are just getting back on the road and will be shocked to find one of the best benefits of Gold/Diamond has been altered (even if there's a credit). I keep my staff at Hilton properties because I know we can get breakfast taken care of.