FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old May 25, 2021, 6:05 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Governor's announcement today:

They're making changes because 57% of the population of Hawaii has at least 1 dose, and just under 50% of the state have completed their vaccinations. With few new cases and low hospitalizations, they're making some COVID policy changes through a new emergency measure signed today:

-Effective immediately, the mask mandate is lifted for outdoor activities state-wide. Groups are still encouraged to wear masks.
-The indoor mask mandate remains and will remain in effect indefinitely.

Starting on June 1, the ban on ocean sports competitions will be lifted. This means events for surfing, canoe paddling, and swimming can be done again.

The Governor also granted changes to local policies/restrictions on Oahu and Kauai.

The Governor plans to modify the Safe Travels program next month, giving quarantine exemptions to Hawaii state residents that were completely vaccinated in Hawaii.

There are no immediate plans to allow others who received their vaccines outside of Hawaii to be exempted from the quarantine program. However, that will be re-visited later this summer.

It wouldn't surprise me if vaccinated mainland travelers could fly to Hawaii without testing or quarantine programs by September.
Thanks WB, will not everything I would like hear but a good step in the right direction. I hope accepting the vacs card starts earlier than Sept, the 72 hour test thing is definitely getting old and tiresome for me.