FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old May 25, 2021, 2:16 am
MaxiStoat

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
You need to contact BA before departure of your rebooked flight as otherwise you will no-show for the flight.

Try read my post of yesterday in the 50% Avios sale thread where I address this. In short send BA a Twitter DM and ask for the active segments to be removed from the reservation and the ticket to be put on hold for subsequent (invol) rebooking.
I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this unfortunately. For whatever reason they've ticketed me on the rebooked flights. I've now spoken with several agents at BA and the end result is that apparently unless I rebook PRIOR to departure of the flight, my only option is a refund. They were pushing for the voucher even though I explained quite clearly that I just wanted to be able to make a subsequent involuntary rebooking. Apparently, this isn't permitted. My only option is a rebooking right now, a voucher or a refund?

I did explain that last year I had a couple of flights where I simply waited until we could travel and then happily rebooked but apparently that isn't how it works.

Is there any risk to me just leaving this and sorting out the issue when I do eventually wish to rebook?

Is there a way to contact somebody that doesn't involve Twitter?