FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2021, 7:55 pm
rvlcr

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Deep_Blue
This is what I got from the hotel today

"Unfortunately all the split stay is on hold for the moment. We are currently only accepting international arrival and departures. This is in accordance with the Heath protection agency guideline."

Meanwhile there is nothing on the official HPA website...
there is something official on the HPA website, you just gotta know where to look 😉 if you take a look at the contact tracing list you’ll see rangali is on said list. i keep an eye on it every once in a while and rangali has been on the list steadily for 2-3 weeks now. i posted a few days back about an outbreak in the staff, so this is presumably why. so they are right in saying HPA is not allowing split stays.

usually the resorts stay on the list just a few days (enough to isolate a confirmed cases and test all the respective contacts) but occasionally when there is a larger larger outbreak they stay on for months at a time. earlier this year, resorts like olhuveli, iru veli, biyadhoo, kihavah, and the residence were on the list for outwards of a month and a half. unfortunately there is no way of knowing when the resort will be placed off the list. here is a screenshot:

right now there are a bunch of facilities on the list since the covid situation in the maldives is quite dire. earlier this year, the number of resorts and guest houses was much much lower (around 15 per day, or 30 on a bad day). 114 is honestly quite alarming.

i have a split stay w conrad planned for christmas and i really hope the situation will be fine by then.

https://www.tourism.gov.mv/en/faq