FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2021, 7:27 pm
Chappy54

Days 3 and 4

Day 3. Had breakfast at Ufaa this morning. Good selection, but prefer Vilu breakfast. Relaxed all day after this until doing a single tank dive in the afternoon. Only 2 divers on the trip and we each had our own guide. Happy hour was a little busier tonight, maybe 15 people, but still pretty fast service.

Ithaa Dinner was unique and was great while the sun was up, tons of sharks and schools of fish, but it's a very dark, very paced atmosphere after the sun goes down and i had to order a coffee before the main course to keep from falling asleep. Another couple we met here did the visiting hour and said they had the whole place to themselves. Watched live music at Rangali for a bit after this before turning in. We were the only guests at the bar.

Day 4

Vilu breakfast, then relaxed for a bit before doing Ufaa cooking class. My wife and I were the only participants. Very fun experience and chef Dan was very patient with our complete lack of cooking skills. You make a couple types of dim sum, then some noodles then hang out for a bit while it gets steamed. Ends with a very large lunch.

Did another dive in the afternoon and this time i was the only diver, same guide as yesterday so great experience.

Dinner was the wine cellar and was fantastic. It was just us and one other couple that we've been hanging out with. This led to a great dinner, lots of details on each course, lots of interaction with the chef. Very evident here that everyone takes a lot of pride in what they do. Enjoyed a cigar with the other husband after then called it a night.