FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old May 19, 2021, 10:52 pm
Jimgotkp

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
I looked at my reservation from two nights ago and it says the $650+ taxes written on it. If yours is the same I would push that as why you shouldn't have to pay a higher fee. I'm sure all of us will be interested in how it goes.

I also just noticed that my first night only has 1 guest on it even though two names are on the reservation. Did you call or email to have the hotel add the guest? Did the reservation online or your app reflect?
My reservation was booked yesterday and mentioned the $650/person + taxes/service charge on the email confirmation. The website still shows the $650/person + taxes/service charge as well. One of their Reservations Supervisors responded in the email thread and asked for screenshots and that they would get back to me afterwards. I will put an update here when I have one.

I emailed the Reservations Department at the hotel to add the extra guest. The reservation still reflects one adult but they have the name of the second guest and confirmed that they will extend the breakfast benefits to the second guest as well.