FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2021, 8:42 pm
Chappy54

2nd Day

Highlights from our second day were Vilu breakfast, Scuba orientation dive, and fisherman's BBQ.

Breakfast was pretty good. We walked to Vilu from the GWVs which was a good 30 minutes. Kept ordering plates until full with no issue. Took the Dhoni back and signed up for our orientation dive.

The dive was a quick demonstration of a couple skills then a swim around and under Ithaa. Just myself and one other guest, plus the guide. 10 meters max depth. This is free if you're certified with any major dive agency. I assumed since it was free it was just going to be skills and that's it, but it was a full tank, so pleasantly suprised. Finished up with about 20 minutes left in Diamond happy hour. Rum drink was the cocktail of the day and only 6 people there so we managed a couple refills.

Fishermans BBQ was awesome. Lots of cold shellfish, crab, mussels, oysters, lobster, prawns. About 10 different salads. Lots of bread options. Grill options included lobster, crab, lamb, and steak. And a pretty good dessert selection. Our room host said drinks weren't included when i asked early in the day, but wine and Heineken were provided. I left my phone in the room so didn't get any pictures of it, but I left dinner stuffed and a little tipsy. There were originally only 10 people at dinner according to the staff, but then it looked like they recruited 2 more groups during the timeframe.

Mostly perfect sunny weather so far, maybe 5 minutes of sprinkling. Forecast looks like next few days will be a little worse, so we'll see. Doing first real dive later today and Ithaa dinner tonight.