FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old May 19, 2021, 11:44 am
DanCali

Originally Posted by boxedlunch
(will update as things progress)
Passport renewal in-process. Old passport was expired. Requested new book & card. Regular service (not-expedited). No planned international travel listed.

4/12/21: Mailed application from Austin, TX to Irving, TX via first class mail
4/16/21: (assumed) Application received in Irving, TX...no tracking on the envelope
5/12/21: Application Status shows up as "In Process" on website with a locator number and 10-12 week estimate
5/12/21: Cashed check appears on my bank account
??/??/21: Approved / Shipped Notifications
??/??/21: New passport received
We're in a similar timeline with kids passports.

4/16/21: Mailed applications from Palm Beach Gardens, FL via regular mail.
5/17/21: Application Status shows up as "In Process" on website with a locator number and 10-12 week estimate
5/17/21: Cashed checks appear on my bank account

I wasn't comfortable with the 10-12 week timeline after the 4 lost weeks it took for it to show "In Process" so I called yesterday afternoon (5/18) to expedite applications. I got someone after a 3 hour hold and he took my credit card number and said that "if expediting is approved" they will charge my card and expedite.

Does anyone know how the process of expediting via phone works? How long would it take for it to "be approved"? When can I expect my card to be charged? Will the status change to "expedited" in the online tracker?