FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old May 19, 2021, 8:57 am
Mirra42

New member, have been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now and some of the conclusions you members are having is a little funny. I don't think their quarantining mail or anything it is just the system has no rhyme or reason behind going from "Not found" to "In process" etc. First time Passport application for myself.

4/23 - Applied at USPS facility with a printout filled out on computer
4/28 - Marked "In Process" and my checks were cashed
5/18 - Called Customer service and asked about the refund on expedited fee Policy - Also emailed customer support
5/19 - Passport approved and mailed.

Not sure if it was anything I did for it to get approved, I asked about the refund policy on expedited service. Their website says 20 business days which is 1 month. The status checker would tell you 4-6 weeks so it is a little confusing and I wanted to know exactly when I could apply for a refund of the $60. If it helps any I applied with my "Enhanced Drivers License" as part of my application. The DL is as good as a Passport card and can be used as a border crossing by land into and out of the USA. Hope everything works out for everyone here, it might not hurt to call and press the issue? If you filed for regular service it could be 3-4 months for it to come.