FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old May 18, 2021, 11:56 pm
MechMachine

Originally Posted by MechMachine
2 of my flights are United Express, 2 are mainline. I have noted my original expected MP earnings and am crediting to united. Will look into it after the trip if it doesn’t match up.

Thanks!
Looks like my flight had another schedule change on the return. Instead of leaving on the last day of vacation later in the day around 3 I am now returning earlier at 8am. I don't want to have to have my last day cut short; nor return the rental car early and possibly incur some fees. Changing the rental car reservation at this point would cost me much more.

From SJU there is later departures at 12:30 to IAD and 4:00 to EWR; however connections back to the departure airport would require an overnight in either city. Do you think an agent would allow a stopover greater than 6 hours (ex: get a hotel for the night and explore the city following day) before flying back in the afternoon? Technically against the fare rules - anyone have any luck or experience with this in the past?

I can't change my reservation online or in the app at this point as the previous schedule change and rebooking seemingly was reticketed into Q which whenever I try and change again there are no flights available supposedly with this class; so I am forced to call again.