FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mainland China airlines transit service from US to SE ASIA
Old May 16, 2021, 11:16 pm
Akiestar

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Somewhat OT, but you can still do a DL to KE connection in ICN to reach Manila on SkyTeam. KE is operation two ICN-MNL flights per day, although as you note the DL operated flights have been suspended.
I was rebooked on KE, as I point out in this thread, which is not a problem for me as I've done it before. I wanted to fly DL to finally try DL on ICN-MNL (and do D1 the whole way on MNL-ICN-SEA), but that's not happening now that they pulled out unless they reverse course closer to the end of the year. (The last time I flew to MNL on an all-KE itinerary was pre-COVID, back in February 2019.)

That said, I normally avoid KE because they're much more expensive than everyone else for Christmas flying, though I don't mind flying them the rest of the year if the price is right. My airline of choice to MNL is actually MU, which is why this thread is relevant to me.

Originally Posted by YariGuy
For what it's worth, they're still selling tickets on the PVG-LAX route. I had a ticket for the middle of June, and they canceled it only at the end of April. So they're selling tickets and doing rolling cancellations a month or so ahead of time. This shows me that they're expecting this would be one of the first routes to resume.
Good to know, but as far as I know they're still not selling connections, so I won't be flying MU for a while from what it looks like. Never mind the fact that MU hasn't resumed service to the Philippines yet, and my Chinese visa is technically still invalid.