FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old May 15, 2021, 6:38 pm
DLASflyer

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Discovering this wiki "Consolidated schedule flight change" plus mention of "Saturday" is explaining a lot. But always happy for insights from others on any aspect of my story (I'm a transit geek.)

I was reviewing my itinerary for travel out on 5/30 and back on 6/16, wanting to check my seat assignments. Discovered I was missing seat assignments on some flights (perhaps seat selection hadn't been available when I booked on 3/21/21.) Also some flight changes, most notably BOS-SEA on 6/16. It has a new flight number (from 334 to 320) but pretty much the same times. (Don't have the info on whether it's a plane change. In the bus world we'd say "fleet change" - same for planes?)

Decided to upgrade to first class on the BOS-SEA flight. I picked out a seat and entered my CC number. Got an error message on the browser but the charge went through. Now my record shows FC for that flight but on the website all the seats for the flight are either "occupied" or "unavailable." I'm calming down even though I have a new charge and no seat (ultimately it's Delta's problem-they'll get me home.) Saturday is probably not the best day to do these things!

Also, does "consolidated" mean it's a system-wide schedule change as opposed to tweaks and adjustments to individual flights?
Try again on Monday or Tuesday. At this point in the cycle, flights have been changed but people’s reservations haven’t all been redone/confirmed yet.