FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 11, 2021, 5:08 am
lhrsfo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tjcxx
Speaking of Collinson, I believe they still do not take payment until you show up in person. It would be taking advantage of them, and so not a civilized recommendation, but making a booking in order to get a confirmation receipt just to negotiate the check-in agent / Timatic situation, and then cancelling it after arrival, might be a workable tactic.
Easy to do. I had to change the time of my Test to Release and the procedure is simple: cancel and rebook. So I can attest that it's easy cancelling a test with them and can be accomplished online.

Also, my one experience of the PLF and testing references etc. is that nobody marries anything up behind the scenes. My arrival into the UK was not married up with my passport number and the people from NHS Test and Trace who are meant to call you daily appear to have no record of anything that was put on the PLF, or indeed much else either.