FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 11, 2021, 4:59 am
basil_fawlty

Hi everyone very grateful for some advice from someone who has been through the day 2/8/5 test to release regimen and has experience filling out the UK passenger locator form.

We will be travelling to Crete as a family, two adults, two kids aged 3 and 1, in 10 day's time. Obvs it's amber, but the FCO took Crete off the banned list so travel insurance is valid. There are some specific circumstances behind why we need to make this trip, and whilst I know govt are advising in general against trips to amber destinations, as far as I can see it is legal to go provided we adhere to the testing and quarantine rules.

My specific questions:
- Our kids aged 1 and 3 are exempt from all testing outbound and back EXCEPT for Test to Release day 5 where gov.uk vaguely says children need to be tested to be released ... but is there a lower age cutoff for test to release like for the days 2 and 8 tests (where children under 5 are exempt)?
- When filling in the UK PLF form, I understand you need to enter details of the tests you have booked both for days 2/8 and day 5 test to release ... am I going to have to enter test details for the kids for day 5 test to release? (pretty sure I won't for days 2/8 as gov.uk says under 5s are exempt from those)
- Will test & trace be calling us every day even after getting the all clear from our test to release day 5 tests? As if the kids are exempt from day 5 tests we could be in some kind of weird limbo on day 6 where us two adults have had an all clear on test to release but the kids haven't been tested. Will the kids be released too if we are?

Very grateful for any advice!