FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Round the World/Circle Pacific via AS
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2021, 4:02 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Correct, I was inquiring about paid RTW travel on -027. eponymous_coward is making the point that we should not expect this before AS has established award travel on new OneWorld partners, but I don't necessarily think this is the case as paid RTW fares seem to be a staple of the OneWorld alliance (from looking at their website), that would come along with or shortly after membership, vs. award travel which appears to be negotiated separately with individual airlines. I don't have a reason to try to book at the moment because I have my travel planned through the end of the year, but was curious for 2022 travel, and wondered if anyone had attempted.
Agree. The commercial side of OW Circle/RTW will be fixed. But will need AS IT capability across the different booking systems the OW airlines use
The *ONE* RTW can be good value and have flexibility. QF are used to them, as can be a good option for QF passengers for long trips. Example a simple SYD-LHR-JFK-SYD sold as *ONE4

Edit
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
..... But the principle's the same, AS will pay various airlines money based on segments, there will be rules to follow to have a valid routing, they need to be able to talk to other airlines to set up everything, etc.
<snip>
From what I have read on the FT OW forum, for OW *ONE* tickets the airlines flying the long haul international routes get most of the money. AS will not get much income for *ONE* given their routes. The cost per mile flown can be low, compared to other tickets. Hence why popular with some on FT.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 10, 2021 at 6:39 pm