FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: La Casa Que Canta,Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Old May 10, 2021, 4:00 pm
mstraveler

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
May 2021 trip at La Casa

I am tagging onto this older thread because it is solely about La Casa que Canta. We arrived 2 days ago for a one of those decade birthdays and wanted to post a report but found this one that is so complete that all I can do is echo the sentiments 7 years later.

[As to getting into Mexico, it was the same ridiculous, infuriating experience it always is at Mexican immigration, if not worse in some ways. I posted details in a separate post on the Mexico forum.]

Our experience is as the OP described and was so complete that I will only highlight a few additional features. [We are in a master pool suite and it could not be more elegant.] The art in the suites and around the resort is quite amazing, and would not be surprised to find it in a museum or very luxury Mexican gallery. And it all fits the scale of the resort space, and some of it is quite large and is everywhere one looks as soon as you tune into it. It took me a day or so to really tune in to it and once you start looking it does seem to be everywhere in one form or other.

It is inexpensive and easily available to taxi into town or have a drive for whatever excursion. Would recommend not renting a car.

We found the food quite good, although the dinner menu at the dining room is prix fixe (I was told it could be a la carte, but isn't really). Two or three courses, but reasonable enough and the view is unbeatable.

I can't find the thread now where KatW describes breaking both of her legs here. Take that to heart. I also fell within an hour of being here coming from a darkened hallway on to an unexpected half step. Fell flat on my face on cement tile. Fortunately only injured my toe by some miracle and can still get around OK. There are stairs everywhere, very few real railings, and very little, if any signage. I am a quite mobile and agile person (of a certain age) but this resort requires some real vigilance but is quite worth it.

Lastly, I agree that for what this resort is, what it has, and its unique location, it is quite a bargain. The service is kind and thoughtful, if not as ultra-sophistocated as some, but the prices are more than commensurate and the experience is as good as it gets in my opinion.