FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Restrictions to entry in France
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2021, 3:41 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sharing my experience today arriving at CDG from AMS. We arrived at 2F1, I was among the 1st to disembark. At the end of the peninsula (where you turn to go where the police booth are), we were blocked by a closed cordoned area and some ADP and Croix Blanche agents. This is where usually your PCR test is checked. There were no other pax than us. All those persons were discussing but nobody was taking care of us (the pax in transit, were already gone to their connecting flight). We waited 5 min like that behind the cordon (I was starting to boil inside thinking what the f...k are they doing again ). Then suddenly an ADP agent opened the cordon and said “passengers from Amsterdam, follow me”. But instead of turning to PAF booths, we went straight ahead to 2F2 PAF booths. I thought they repeated the situation of last year when only one PAF checkpoint was open. PAF was cleared in 2 min as I was among the 1st and nobody at that stage checked our PCR tests and I found it strange. Then you take the stairs down to baggage claim, and...surprise, all the pax of my flight go to rapid antigenic testing
I have to say it was well organized and it was quick because there was no other flight before us and because I was the 1st (the whole thing took me 20 min). 1st step is to collect information from you (name, social security number, phone and email, if you connected in AMS, and if yes, where you are coming from, negative PCR test done <72hrs), then you have the sampling and you have to wait 15 min for the results. You are given a paper receipt with your results that you have to show to police agents when leaving the testing area.

I have the impression that AMS flights are specifically targeted because of the numerous connections and it is a way to close the loophole of connecting from non-Schengen to Schengen before arriving in CDG and if you are supposed to go in quarantine. I wonder if LH/LX flights from FRA/MUC/ZRH are also targeted for the same reasons (and they arrive in 2F too currently).

Does anyone has the same experience arriving from AMS, or from FRA/MUC/ZRH on LH/LX ?