FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2021, 3:08 pm
Dan1113

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The standard NHS antibody test isn't good on the newly vaccinated. There are two tests available, and from a public health point of view both have value (e.g. if you now get a positive result or catch COVID-19 despite the vaccine). But useless from a personal perspective, writes someone who has been antibody tested weekly for nearly a year now. There is an antibody test looking for S proteins / spike protein, and that's the one you need and usually your NHS provider will switch tests if you tell them you've been vaccinated. After your second dose you get a clearer picture on S spike anyway, but you need to wait 16 days after that dose. A negative result can still happen and yet the real world evidence shows you would be protected by the vaccine. Indeed Pfizer can provoke T cell immunity in just a few days so bypassing B cells very quickly.

I advise vaccinated people not to get them because the results are not meaningful. Israel's approach is not sensible either, and will presumably be dropped in due course.
Thanks. This test is actually from January when I turned the box of not having had a vaccine so maybe that made a difference! It makes me more nervous about booking a trip to Israel where who knows what happens if you land there and get a result like this though.