FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old May 10, 2021, 4:04 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by efincomputer
KARFA - this is something (despite reading a number of posts about it) i'm still not 100% clear on. My membership year ends in December (card ends in Jan) and i've had my current status (lowly bronze) extended to Jan 2023. Does the reduced TP Threshold apply until the end of my membership year (i.e. will any flying i do between now and my regular renewal in December count towards a reduced status), or is it more arbitrary than that? I've seen lots of comments about July this year, but i'm not clear if that's just relating to EC members who have a TP reset date around that point anyway, or if (looking at the helpful graph) the TP reduction is only in place up to that point?

Yours confusedly, Efin.
The reduced threahold only applies to your current collection year, so 9 December 2020 to 8 December 2021.

Due to the recent announcement you have been protected so your card expiry has been changed from 31 January 2022 ti 31 January 2023 - so you will keep your current status for another year regardless of your earning in your current collection year.

For your next collection year 9 December 2021 to 8 December 2022 you will be back to normal thresholds, they haven't said anything about further years of reduced thresholds.

Originally Posted by Nephoi
my HHO has two accounts that reset MAY 8th. one had 90 TP "deducted" and a reset to zero. it states "membership year ends 8 May 2022". the other had no reset to zero cause there was nothing to reset (had 0 TP) and it still states membership year ends 8 May 2021.

is this a common error/mistake/glitch?
It does seem something odd has happened to the second account since that should also have had the usual year end processing. Maybe give it another day or two and see what happens.