FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Transit/Connection/Layover Master Thread
Old May 9, 2021, 1:27 am
JapanFlyerT

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jib71
AFAIK, change of airport is not possible at this time. Arrival at NRT followed by transit to HND requires entry into Japan. Use of public transportation is prohibited for 14 days. etc. etc. Perhaps someone has more up-to-date info. on this.
Your best option may be to get a flight to HND and transfer at HND.
I guess that it might also be possible to extend visas for continued residency in the USA in this circumstance.
My son will be coming back to Kansai from HNL in July, but the ANA flights I was planning on were to NRT then the connection departing from HND.

JAL has connections via HND, but entering the domestic side is not allowed.

I called JAL and they confirmed this, saying there are no direct flights to Kansai until Sept.

This is from the JAL website:
All travelers arriving from an international flight must stay at places designated by the quarantine chief (such as home) for 14 days from the day following their entry into Japan. Travelers must not use public transportation (including domestic flights) to get to their designated place of quarantine from the airport. Therefore, connections to domestic flights can be made from the 15th day after the 14 days of quarantine is completed.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; May 9, 2021 at 1:37 am