FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022
Old May 8, 2021, 10:52 am
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I think I saw it but didn't pay attention. 3x points isn't something that will influence my choice of restaurants. But by chance, we've had two new celeb driven restaurants opened at local Hyatt properties that I want to try. I brushed off my old Hyatt card to take with me because I'm a points junkie. I had no memory of the promo and it was quite the shock to see how many points I earned. Even then, I was perplexed at how many I got. I seriously wondered how 3x bonus could turn into 10x points. It took AllThePants to explain it. Now, I'm thinking I might fit in an extra meal or two if the second restaurant proves worthy of repeat business. I'm eating there tomorrow. In the end, I got 16.5x points for my meal. I think that Hyatt should have found better vocabulary to pitch this promo. It took me posting on FlyerTalk and getting the help of knowledgeable members to understand what a deal this is. (Even so, I'm enough of a foodie that I wouldn't choose a Hyatt restaurant unless the food is truly what I want to consume.)
I think that the way the points post is consistent with other double / triple points promos. You get the standard 5x and then another 5x for double or 10x for triple. Bonus Journeys points posted in the same way. So it’s never Nx on top of the 5x base points (although I wish it was).