FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta To Ban Loyalty Program Members That Are Abusive Towards Staff
Old May 7, 2021, 9:47 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
I may stand corrected, but I could swear I got a PM welcome kit with JWDs earlier this year. I most certainly got them in early 2020 because I remember being surprised by a mailer at requal and again at the end of the Medallion year and having a glut of JWDs.
Sidenote, but I never really understood why they only give these out to the higher elite levels. Seems someone’s status level shouldn’t really matter when it comes to recognizing outstanding service.

I will say I’ve never been higher than GM with Delta but at one point when DL’s service standards were quite high, I’d give out AAplause certificates to DL employees when I had no AA employees to give them to. I told an FA once I didn’t have any DL ones but did have the AA equivalent and wanted to recognize his excellent service. I gave him an AAplause as a symbolic gesture and he thanked me profusely and said he would pass it and my comments on to his manager. No idea if it has any impact on anything at all, but I hoped it would do something for him.