FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta To Ban Loyalty Program Members That Are Abusive Towards Staff
Old May 7, 2021, 8:37 pm
readywhenyouare
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Beetles
Perhaps recording ones call when interacting with a reservations agent is something people should consider moving forward. Aside from obvious examples of abuse, it has been pointed out that a simple disagreement over a policy, or even conveying frustration may get a remark in an account that’s grossly fabricated. It got back to me once that an agent documented my record as “extremely rude”. Fortunately I used the messaging service and had screenshot the conversation because the agent refused to end the engagement after I repeatedly tried to end the chat and be done with said agent. Later on that day I called about the booking and the phone agent told me the previous agent documented the PNR. I wasn’t ever rude, but I was firm. I followed up and was quickly offered an apology after I submitted the screenshots.

So, start recording calls and taking screen shots of messaging conversations.
You make a very good point. Delta's financial shape isn't good at all and this is a fine method of getting hundreds of millions of dollars worth of liabilities in redeemable miles off the books.