FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier above Global Services - Chairman's Circle
Old May 7, 2021, 11:45 am
Sykes

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
For my own curiosity more than anything: for those that do, what % is that part of their image, e.g. as the "common man' or "cost conscious executive", where the aesthetics of a premium cabin flight (including via upgrade) isn't exactly a desirable thing? Or is it more "this is an hour long flight, what's the difference anyway?" attitude
I don't work with any Fortune 500 CEOs personally (but regularly talk to the travel managers who do) so I can't necessarily speak to their reasons, but usually when the executives that I work with fly economy it's because a) it's the best timed flight and premium cabins are sold out so they're willing to slum it in Premium Economy, or b) some are surprisingly thrifty, especially for personal travel ... they'll travel in business when it is reasonable to do so, but even some people worth $100M+ will balk at a $20,000 full J fare. (And sometimes it can be difficult to justify long-haul private travel, especially for companies that make environmental responsibility a high priority.)