FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4pm Elite Checkout Guarantee (General Discussion)
Old May 6, 2021, 6:42 pm
Xero

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Success!

I called again and gave my case number. The Marriott phone agent reviewed it. Once again, the hotel closed the Case for late checkout without responding to it. So she put me on hold and said she was going to talk to her supervisor. She then said the supervisor was going to call the property. She put me on hold for 5 minutes then checked up on me. The Supervisor made contact with the Hotel Manager, and they had a 30 minute long conversation. The Phone Representative kept updating me every 5 minutes. Finally, the Phone Agent said the hotel will honor 4 PM checkout.

I can't imagine what the conversation was about. I can only imagine that the Hotel Manager was having a back-and-forward with the supervisor.

Here is what I learnt if a hotel denies 4 PM checkout.

1) Call Marriott. Ask about the 4 PM checkout guarantee. If the phone agent claims it's based on availability, ask for a supervisor. If she supervisor claims it's based on availblemty, hang up and call again. Keep trying until you get an agent that acknowledges the checkout guarantee.

2) When you get an agent that acknowledges the guarantee, ask for a case number. Then, name the hotel violating the policy. In addition, ask if the agent can call the hotel directly to explain the policy. They or their supervisor should have no issue calling the hotel to clarify policy.

3) If the agent is unable to get hold of the hotel or a hotel manager, call back tomorrow and follow up on the case number. When the phone agent picks up, immediately give them the case number.

That way, you don't have to argue that the 4 PM checkout is "based on availability". The agent will immediately read the case and learn that this perk is a guarantee.

The agent should then call the hotel again to make sure they offer you late checkout.

4) (Optional) Keep the case number handy for future hotel reservations. If you get another hotel that denies you late checkout, call Marriott and give them the case number. The agent will realize that 4 PM checkout is a guarantee. Then state that another hotel is denying the benefit and ask if you can call.

Originally Posted by Tanic
Impressive! How many HUCAS did it take to not get the Karachi call centre?
It took many attempts. Once I got a case number, things got a lot easier. I immediately give it as soon as an agent answers. That avoids having to explain the 4 PM checkout guarantee to the agent.

Originally Posted by Xero
I followed up on my case number with Marriott support for the hotel not giving 4 PM checkout.

Apparently the case was closed. The hotel manager closed it without putting any comments in.

Luckily, I got a phone agent knowledgeable about the 4 PM checkout. She said she re-opened the case and marked it as "mandatory" so the hotel manger now has to reply. If they do not, they will get fined.

I also asked her if she could call the property. She did. I was on hold for about 10 minutes. When she got back, she said she spoke with someone from the front desk. She asked the hotel what time their elite checkout was. Apparently, they said it was 1 or 2 PM. The phone agent then told them that checkout is 4 PM guaranteed. She then said the front desk agent will speak with the hotel manager tomorrow in order to "work on this".

Hopefully, this hotel will review the rules and properly implement 4 PM checkout.