FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apple Air Tags (Consolidated Threads)
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2021, 5:51 am
draver

Find My is a set and forget toggle in the Settings App. It requires the iCloud password to enable/disable it and even has a confirmation popup when you wish to disable it. I think it was in response to all the snatch & grab thefts of iPhones back around 2009-2010 on the street. Thieves would just wipe the phone and resell them and it was quite the cottage industry. They became much less of a target when the phone could not be reset for a new user.

I have my doubts about it being that big of a deterrent to stalking, but I cannot imagine any better system, and apparently neither can Apple.

My account currently shows 11 device locations, iPads, iPhones and even down to even my AirPods. Surprisingly, my 2 AirTags are in a different tab, not with the other devices. I think I have only needed it a few times, but it is golden if you do need it.

I do use it maybe once a month tops, typically waiting for my wife to meet me somewhere (She Is Usually Late!) so I don't have to text her when she's driving.