FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 5, 2021, 2:37 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by 747-800i
Question: If the UK were to drop the stoplight system on us tomorrow and for example U.S. were to be on the green list, would that mean that any travel U.S. to UK would only require a test before boarding, or only if the travel takes place after May 17 and from May 6 until May 17th we'd still be in limbo and forced to quarantine and do Day 2/8 tests even though the U.S. is moving to Green?

Follow up, if I were to travel before May 17th, but my Day 5 and 8 would be after May 17th, would I have to do pre-departure and a day 2 then once U.S. clicked to green May 17th give up the charade, or still have to play out the theater by virtue of a pre-17th arrival?
Nobody seems to be seriously suggesting that the USA will be on the green list, so you can probably save your questions for a day or two. Nor does anyone appear to be seriously suggesting that the requirement to test after arrival will be dropped even for green arrivals. The only difference will be that there will be no need to quarantine.for green arrivals. And any change in the obligation to do so will clearly depend on whether the changes are stated to apply immediately (99% unlikely) or only to arrivals from a given date (which may or may not be the same as our 17 May 'OK for Brits to holiday' date). At the moment its all pure speculation, so best to just wait patiently until the announcement !