FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dominican Republic / Punta Cana - all inclusive recommendations please
Old May 3, 2021, 3:06 pm
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Trying to decide between Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana vs. Iberostar Grand. Can anyone offer some insight? I'm going in early June and primary considerations would be 1) how nice and calm is the ocean in that area and 2) quality of food

Any thoughts? Thanks.
They are both good but I would chose Hyatt Zilara all the way. There's absolutely no comparison. Zilara was finished right before the pandemic so you will get the brand new hotel feeling, services are top notch, and the food is amazing. Ocean is equally calm at both, but there's less shade at the Hyatt. Iberostar Grand is much older and the service is not as good as Hyatt's. Food is good at both, but I like Hyatt's concept better.

Keep in mind that Iberostar is in Bavaro and Hyatt is in Cap Cana, two completely different areas. Bavaro is really crowded with a lot of hotels next to each other, anyone can access the beach so you'll find a lot of vendors, and the area is more active. Cap Cana is a secluded area with only a few hotels around and a small village/marina (Which, due to the pandemic, looks like a ghost town).