FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is business class worth adding 4+ flying hours SEA-DOH-ATH?
Old May 2, 2021, 12:29 pm
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by david55

May I ask for one other opinion. I don't mind paying a bit more for my ticket for lounge access. There are two flights from ATH to DOH. One that leaves at 1:10AM and gives us 2 hours connection at DOH before our Seattle flight....the other at 7:25 PM that would give me close to 8 hours of connection time. Assuming our ticket gives us access to the the Al Mourjan lounge.... is it worth taking the earlier flight for the lounge experience....knowing that we will never have this opportunity again?
You can book your trip with layovers around 2 hours on both the outbound and return legs. Paying a lot of money for lounge access (almost $400 for both you and your spouse) seems a waste. Especially if you find the seats available at check in acceptable. This save about $750 if you take the Business Classic fare. If you book longer layovers, you can experience Doha, break up your trip and have plenty of lounge time. If you and your spouse prefer the two middle QSuites for an intimate travel experience or both prefer the rear facing window seat for maximum privacy then maybe the Business Comfort fares are the better value for you.

I view the trip as part of the vacation/travel experience and I am willing to spend a bit more. I also enjoy seeing places I've never seen before and value new experiences very highly. But that is a personal perspective.

Originally Posted by estnet
Probably a good suggestion but even if Doha is open be careful about the temp - I read someone who regretted doing this b/c the temp was 40 C - I know that would have done me in!
Understood. I've spent several months earlier in my life in the Middle East and the heat can be oppressive. I would only spend time outdoors in the evening and for limited amounts of time.