FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is business class worth adding 4+ flying hours SEA-DOH-ATH?
Old May 2, 2021, 8:16 am
LoungeLizardHugo

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Those are the "Business Classic" fares (Booking Class R) and do not include assigned seats and Lounge access. If you have any layover at all and want lounge access in DOH, it will be just under $100 each for 6 hours of lounge access, each way. If you want to get assigned to specific seats, there will be a charge for that as well and the seat charges are per flight. This could add significantly to the total trip costs as there could be 4 lounge charges and 4 seat assignemnt charges for your party for the entire trip.

If you upgrade to "Business Comfort" (Booking Class I), it will be about $2870. IMO it is a better value for you, assuming you will want lounge access and/or specific seats.
That is an important distinction to note.

As well, critical to carefully review the QR lounge access wiki post. I am Oneworld Emerald and have full seat picking and lounge privileges that come along with that status when booking the Business Classic (lowest cost) bucket. If you have status, enter your Alaska or AA program number when you purchase the QR ticket or add it later and it automatically unlocks seat selection on the QR site. When you go to the lounge they also immediately see the status and grant access.

Most every flight I take on QR it is recognized and mentioned by my flight attendant (Wow you must fly a lot! Emerald!"), I've never had another carrier recognize my alliance status (top on all three) like QR does. Yet another reason I fly with them whenever it make even remote sense. Bottom line: if you have OW status you don't need to pay-up for next level ticket.