FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 1, 2021, 3:35 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by allergictocoach
This isn’t good news. It would essentially result in an ongoing ban until June. Limited options with enormous expense. Why would a family bother? There is playing it safe but it seems the U.K. is running from ghosts that aren’t there. No variant yet has been shown to defeat the vaccines. Most of the vulnerable now jabbed. It’s complete madness that’s going to bankrupt the travel industry.
I meant it is finally good that it isn't illegal for someone who wants to visit family, which was ridiculous to begin with, however, I completely agree with you about the costs and the implications. In an earlier post, I made a similar point. This will continue to drive the travel industry in the ground because this won't mean much for many people. For an individual who wants to see family overseas, they will do it. However, a family of four or five:
1. They will have a very minimal amount of countries to visit;
2. They will most likely have to shell out for 2 sets of expensive PCR tests (before they leave the UK and when they get back), as well as a test before coming back to the UK