FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old May 1, 2021, 2:12 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by jeffers
My wife and I have a trip to Cape Town booked for the last week in July (flying PHL-DOH-CPT).

Hopefully we will be ok to travel (we're vaccinated but understand at this point it's likely a test will still be required).

The question now is whether it's worth going. We would like to dine at some of the great restaurants, and visit the wineries etc. We also love to hike, but obviously that will be fine.

What are the restrictions currently like there? It seems restaurants etc are open.
From what I understand from family members there, life is almost normal with the exception that face masks are mandatory everywhere in public places. So when you go out for a walk, you have to wear a face mask. Same when entering a restaurant but you can take it off when you sit down. Hiking is fine, but beware the other (non- Covid) dangers of hiking in South Africa. Attacks on hikers are quite a big risk, always hike in a big group.