FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:17 am
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by SailorTomSparrow
Hi all, check in at Virgin Atlantic in USA took ages as they went through all my paperwork. I was entering the UK as a seafarer exemption. The print out from the govUK site helped sway Virgin to let me check in without the day 2 and 8 testing package. Lots of people turning up for check in did not have PLF's or testing packages so were being sent off to sort it out. I had a PLF and a PCR test done within past 3 days (got this done for free at my regional airport, results back in 16 hours, not bad at all).

On arrival into LHR into T2 today, no lines at all. People in high viz jackets asking if anyone had come from a red list nation but I had not so ignored them. I was then sent off to E gates as I have a British passport. Before the E gates, the UK border force had desks to check everyone's paperwork. I told the lady I was exempt as a seafarer and she did not ask to see any paperwork related to my job, she only asked for the PLF and the covid test (which seafarers actually are exempt from needing) but I had both so showed her, and then she waved me to the E gates. I was through in 5 minutes.

I am staying in UK now but do not need to quarantine due to my job. As my plans changed I shall be here now for a few days before proceeding to the gulf so apparently I need to do 3 LFDs on days 2, 5 and 8 which I can get for free somewhere. Asked in boots at T2 but they did not seem to have a clue what I was talking about. If I order online does anybody know if it will arrive by day 2? This will be from the free LFD ordering site. Thanks.
The government web site to order tests from is:

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests

In theory they should be available from most pharmacies. You might be lucky and have them arrive in time if you fill the form now. They are posted with Tracked 24.