FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii flights: 500 mile upgrade certs only upgrading to Premium Economy?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:50 pm
meechyathere

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Wow, F**k that!

That's 10 stickers one way ($400) for a companion (or GL/PLT) to get... a soda and domestic first seat.
IKR!!

Interesting that in the F&B section, they are indeed treated as one cabin:

---------
WRT the last screenshot post from me, SO sorry all, clearly I had too many beachside cocktails: Meant to attach THIS new response to my request to escalate, not the first one again. (JDiver, please feel free to delete the old duplicate image.) This is the one referring to the "single point of contact" when I requested to escalate.

I sent a slightly more astringent email back to her in response to this, and shortly thereafter she gave me a call, which consisted of:

1) She told me up, down, left, right, and center that I was wrong in my interpretation of the policy, and that given recent changes (the introduction of PE), "next class of service" now means just that. She read the policy out loud to me, with particular emphasis on "next class of service," and "next cabin"

2) She said that both Res, and the airport agents (such as the one I talked to at OGG) refer to "us" (customer relations) for advice on these things, and that therefore the former two departments are more likely to be wrong, and the latter correct.

3) She reiterated that there is nobody above her that the matter can be escalated to.

She also did say that talking to me was "a delight" (which I can hardly believe!) and appreciates my understanding of the necessity to adjust policies as demand increases, even if it means unfortunately devaluing the program, etc etc etc.

I wrote back this morning asking her for a refund on the stickers, as we were shown as on the upgrade list for First, and a litany of questions regarding the upgrade process for all the other types of instruments, whether they go to J or W, and what the letter code is for upgrades to PE, etc.

We'll see what we get back, if anything
------
I called reservations today, and after a 10-odd-min hold to confer, he confirmed that "everything CR told you is wrong, you had it all exactly right, and you're on the upgrade list for J on your return flight."

*shrugs shoulders

Last edited by meechyathere; May 8, 2021 at 10:39 pm