FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:28 pm
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
We're now up to the last five straight days, Tuesday-Saturday, of the Gold/Diamond happy hour being held at Ufaa Beach.

I wonder if this is a permanent change.

If it is, it's a shame.

Cocktails at Mandhoo sitting over the green/blue sparkling water is much nicer and feels like more of an exclusive event than cocktails at Ufaa Beach (the same place most people eat breakfast) looking at the jetty.

So this week we have breakfast at Ufaa Beach, Champagne & Lobster BBQ dinner at Ufaa Beach, Manager's reception at Ufaa Beach, Gold & Diamond happy hour at Ufaa Beach.

The Ufaa Beach happy hour served under the big multi-purpose tarp feels a bit like an afterthought. You can't sit in Ufaa (not that I'd want to) because they are setting it up for dinner at that time. They were also setting up chairs/tables for some other event right nearby, perhaps a wedding.

We went once. The service was really slow. We arrive at 4:10 p.m. and the waiter took our order and then the same waiter took the orders of eight other guests before trudging off 30 meters to the service bar and coming back with our drinks at 4:25 p.m.

I'd much rather just go to Rangali Bar and pay for drinks served promptly then sit there herded under the tent with other Gold/Diamond members waiting and waiting for drinks just because they are free.

Last edited by jphripjah; Apr 23, 2021 at 12:07 am