FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:27 am
happychic

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Thank you @jsloan! I have more questions after doing some more research. FFC 2.0 confuses me.

Originally Posted by jsloan
The FFC stays connected to the original reservation, in each traveler's name. Unless you specifically go in and split the record apart, it would appear in both accounts, and either of you could initiate the change that makes use of the credit.

If you new fare is lower, UA has been issuing a new kind of FFC for the residual amount that I've been calling "FFC v2.0." FFC v2.0 is applied during the purchase process when you're shopping for a new flight (unlike the regular FFC, which works more like a flight change -- it sounds somewhat confusing, but when you go to make use of the credit, it's actually pretty clear). This new FFC v2.0 could be combined together if necessary (e.g., perhaps only one of you is traveling, or one is on an award, or.. etc.).
In my case I would like to use FFC 2.0 for a different flight in the fall, LAX-CLE. P2 will be flying on his own LAX-BOS. Will we both be deducting from the same "pool" of FFC 2.0? I don't expect to fly Premium Plus, probably just Economy Plus, so I am guessing the fare for each leg will be lower. Do we have to use the FFC 2.0 pool in one go, or can we use it like an unused credit towards future UA flights?

Honestly if I could I would rather get ETC, but I understand I may not get it.