FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:23 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ftrichard
IMO, I do not think Le Meridien is gouging with these rates for full board. Sure, there are better deals for nights at nice hotels in Bangkok right now but you cannot get to them without doing what you're told and going through quarantine upon arrival.
I'm sure it's a struggle for them. They're selling to a very limited market with ASQ, and the opportunities for marginal revenue (e.g., spa and bar are close to nil). Also, the regulations are incredibly dense and ever-changing and the effort on their end that my reservation has taken is just ridiculous - I've been corresponding with three agents, and the string is now at something like 30 emails (everything was complicated by the fact that Thailand changed the rules midway through the process, allowing 7 night stay with proof of vaccination). I basically don't begrudge them a nickel of what they're charging.