FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 21, 2021, 10:23 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I was NOT referring specifically to this hotel - I think the whole quarantine rate thing is extortionate - being forced to pay if you want to come to Thailand ( just like them forcing you to buy insurance that is worded a specific way when your existing insurance already covers but isn't worded properly).
I can stay in a much nicer hotel for much less money and chose the food I want. There are lots of reasons the hotels are "justifying" their rates and I think we can agree to feel differently about a hotel charging double what the rate would otherwise be (and again NOT referring only to LM) b/c they can. You might appreciate full room and board and airport car, I might not

Originally Posted by Kacee
Per the confirmation letter, it's a 7 night stay credit, so I think the appropriate way to look at this is that if they are required, per MOH regulations, to keep you (and feed you) for an 8th night, they do so at no additional charge.

I personally do not find the pricing excessive - for the base room, staying 8 nights, it's 4400 THB per night for full room and board plus airport car service. "Extortionate" would mean they're forcing you to pay, which clearly they are not - there are somewhere around 100 hotels in Bangkok offering ASQ, and lower rates are certainly available.

In any event, I'm absolutely delighted that we're going to get out after 7 nights, rather than 8, based on post-6 am flight arrival time into BKK.

They do need to update their marketing, as with a 7 night stay, several of the touted "benefits" such as free daily laundry, room cleaning, and outdoor access, are basically not available (since they only kick in day 6 or 7).