FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long Hold Times for Delta Vacations (Consolidated Threads)
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:42 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I did a couple of searches on the DL Vacations travel agent portal. The air itineraries clearly indicated "Published" (LAS) vs "Unpublished" (HNL) from the start of the booking process.

When I tried to book LAS on the consumer-facing website, there is no indication of fare type. The TA portal, "WorldAgentDirect", is about 10 years behind in terms of "sizzle" but runs much faster. I think it's based on tech developed by NW. Oddly, it handles the flight options first, then hotels, unlike the consumer site.

I wish I could provide more concrete guidance, other than a travel agent can tell you upfront in the process whether the package uses published fares or bulk/"unpublished" fares. Also, it looks like TAs are able to redeem vouchers for client bookings--did not expect that.
"Published" or "Unpublished" I should get MQDs, if it shows $0.00 on the APP and an aggregate total for the entire "package" on www.delta.com wouldn't DL have to use "Method Distance" when computing my MQDs?
When I book a flight through DL Vacations the terms "published", "unpublished" are not in my "vocabulary".