FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Pandemic departure from DL preference due to service levels at home airport?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:36 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Anyone else having similar experiences in their home airport?
As others have noted, you should always be evaluating whether you are getting the desired value out of various loyalty programs and if AA seems to be the logical choice, then there's nothing wrong with switching. It's sometimes easier said than done but sometimes you have to "vote with your wallet".

At my home airport (SAT), DL has still been workable for the few times I've traveled and for the short hops I've taken I've preferred seat-blocking over other cabin service, and I've noticed service (frequency) is slowly returning on DL making DL workable for the travel I've done or have coming up. SAT-ATL is coming up to 6x daily - it was down to as low as 3-4x daily during COVID. 6x daily is getting back up to pre-COVID levels of frequency. SAT-DTW is 2x daily, both mainline now. SAT-MSP is going up to 2x daily, with a mix of mainline and regional (E175). Both DTW and MSP were 2-3x daily pre-COVID, depending on the day of the week and time of the year. SAT-SLC is going back up to 3x daily which is about what it was pre-COVID, I believe. SAT-LAX is finally back, currently 1x daily and going up to 2x daily soon, which is what is was pre-COVID. So now the only pre-COVID route out of SAT that hasn't returned is SAT-JFK.