FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holidays deposit - refund if flights changed?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 9:00 am
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It's good that they're doing so and being extremely flexible towards customers in this way. This has always been my experience too pre covid, however as you can see that as per their T&C's there's no obligation for them to be so flexible.
​​​​​
I agree that BAH are generally very flexible indeed and over the past year have become my favourite TA by far (now if only they did proper ski packages...).

But the 12 hour thing does seem an anomaly and I wonder how secure they would be if they ever tried to enforce it. I don't think 'significant change' is clearly defined in the Package Travel Regulations, but a holiday that was meant to get in early one evening, and now gets in very early the following morning would seem to fit the definition, if you're losing a nights stay.

Plus your own parent company (ie BA) is allowing refunds on a far more flexible basis.

So while BAH remain flexible all well and good, but I suspect the rule could be open to challenge as an unreasonable interpretation of what is 'significant'