FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long Hold Times for Delta Vacations (Consolidated Threads)
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:43 am
Orange County Commuter

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
You should be able to go to Delta.com and click on the Vacation Deals link and redeem a voucher there.
I don't know how much your voucher is worth, but there is an on-going promotion right now using code SMBONUS (to get up to 70,000 bonus Skymiles) or SMDOLLARS (to get up to $350 off). Not sure if that promo could be combined with your voucher.
It can be, I have done it in the past.

The vouchers are just a payment method and have no impact on the promotion.

And the math on this comes out better to go for the miles IMHO. For example on a cheap package they give you $100 or or 20,000 miles. But if you use 20,000 miles to pay for the trip that's a $200 credit. So if you really want the "dollar credit" my advice would be take the miles, use your current miles to reduce the trip cost by the bonus miles you will get. You wind up saving more and your mileage balance wont' change overall. Now of course if you don't have any frequent flyer miles the math might be different for you

Another trick is to use your voucher to book a package that's airfare and rental car. We did that a few years ago for a trip to Paris. Delta.com airfare was around $1,000. Airfare and 3 days car was $650. (I originally booked it as 7 days car for a little more, called just before the final payment date and dropped to the minimum. We never picked up the car )