FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:12 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
Thanks for much for helping me think this through. My question initially was: how would time ideally be split between the GW property (and the areas right around it) and the rest of Maui. I think the answer for us will be: mostly on GW, but with a day or two to explore the island. I've found that when I don't have a car, it forces me to walk, and I see places differently. And it doesn't seem too hard to walk around GW. (For instance, I've heard good things about Monkeypod, it looks walkable - please tell me if that's wrong. I think there's also a NY style pizzeria that delivers.)

The answer for us, I think, will be to have a car for the last few nights, after we've nearly had our fill of GW - and if timing works out, I won't need a taxi to return to OGG.
That's a good plan but check to see if there's a hefty drop off fee from renting at GW and dropping at OGG.

And I think Monkeypod is a pretty far walk uphill. The Shops at Wailea is closer and has some restaurants (not sure what's open these days). Plus you can walk along the beach path to other resorts, too, if you like the looks of their restaurants better than the GW.